As temperatures rise, it is essential to have a functional air conditioning system to keep your home or office cool and comfortable. However, even the most reliable AC units can encounter issues that disrupt your daily routine and cause inconvenience. If your AC system is not working correctly, it may be time for a reset.
Wolcott Services is dedicated to providing top-quality AC repair in Gresham and the surrounding areas. If you are experiencing AC issues, don’t hesitate to contact us for reliable repair services.
Here Are Four Ways To Reset Your Air Conditioning System
Press The Reset Button
The reset button on an air conditioning system is a safety feature that can be used to restart the system after it has shut down unexpectedly.
To use the reset button, complete the following steps:
- Unplug the air conditioner from the power source and turn it off.
- Locate the reset button on the air conditioner’s outside unit and press it down with a pen or other small object.
- Press and hold the button for a short time before letting go.
- Wait for a few minutes to allow the air conditioner to reset, and then plug it back in and turn it on.
Check The Circuit Breaker
Check to see if the circuit breaker has tripped if your air conditioner isn’t turning on. To check the circuit breaker, locate the electrical panel in your home and look for the breaker labeled for the air conditioning unit. Ensure it’s in the “on” position – if it has tripped, it will be in the middle or in the “off” position. To reset the circuit breaker, switch it to the “off” position and back to the “on” position. Ensure all power switches for the air conditioner are off before resetting the circuit breaker.
Check The Thermostat
A faulty thermostat can cause your air conditioner to stop working or not work efficiently. If you notice that the air conditioner is not responding or turning on, there may be an issue with the thermostat. You can reset the thermostat by turning it off for a few minutes and then turning it back on. If this does not work, you may need to replace the thermostat. It’s essential to ensure the new thermostat is compatible with your air conditioning system before installing it.
Reset From The Isolator Switch
The isolator switch is a safety device that can disconnect the power supply to your air conditioner. To reset the isolator switch complete the following steps:
- Locate it on the air conditioner’s outside unit and turn it off for a few minutes.
- After a few minutes, turn the switch back on and wait for the system to reset.
- Ensure all power switches for the air conditioner are off before resetting the isolator switch.
Resetting your air conditioning system can solve many common AC issues and prevent potential damage or system failure. Regular maintenance and cleaning can also increase the lifespan of your AC unit and improve its efficiency. If you are experiencing AC issues, contact Wolcott Services at (503) 491-8313 for expert advice and professional AC repair in Beaverton and the surrounding areas.