5 Ways Regular Furnace Tune-Up Regular Furnace Tune-Up Benefit You
Just like your vehicle, your furnace needs a regular tune-up and maintenance to make it last longer and be efficient in the long run. Tune-ups are essential for the overall health and safety of the system. Getting a furnace tune-up might sound painful, similar to getting an oil change service for your car.
Even though it might sound to be a time-consuming activity, but it is strongly recommended for homeowners not to skip the year-long furnace tune-up and maintenance schedule. Omission on the part of routine checks might cost you heavily in times ahead; who knows what might go wrong with the furnace and how much it would cost to get it working.
Advantages of getting timely furnace maintenance
There are many benefits of annual furnace repair and maintenance schedule, some of which are listed below:
- Prevention from future breakdowns: Getting a regular tune-up helps to check on future failures by diagnosing the system throughout to address any potential problem, which might turn into a much bigger problem someday in the future. Tuning-up costs around $80-$150, which is far better to pay than to meet for expensive failures in the future.
- Save on Energy Bills: With a regular furnace tune-up and maintenance schedule, every working part functions at its best efficiency, which means it would take lesser effort for the furnace to warm the indoors in a lesser time. Hence, saving annually on energy bills to a great extent.
- Helps prevent gas escapes and leaks: While furnaces come equipped with safety measures to avoid Carbon Monoxide leakages and gas escapes, leakages still may occur. According to data shared by the CDC, about 50,000 people are diagnosed with Carbon Monoxide poisoning each year. The most common reason behind such leakages is a broken heat exchanger, which dies when it encounters a clogged air filter. It also struggles when the furnace is not the proper fitment suitable for the structure.
- Protects the Warranty: If your furnace is under a manufacturer’s warranty, it becomes crucial to get your furnace repaired and maintained by an HVAC specialist. In case your unit is damaged, and you wish to avail of the warranty cover, the first thing they would ask for is the record of furnace maintenance.
- Gives longevity to the furnace: Lastly, an annual tune-up keeps your furnace in pristine condition, which increases the lifespan of the system and reduces the long-term carrying cost of the equipment.
The search for the best furnace maintenance ends right here for most of the homeowners in Portland.
Wolcott has been serving the community since 1978 and is the premier choice for providing a turnkey solution to all of your warming and cooling needs, plumbing solutions, and electrical repairs and installations anywhere in Portland. With sheer knowledge and expertise, they have secured their place amongst the NATE accredited businesses that make them stand out from the crowd.
Ring them at (503) 487-0267.
Get professional help in maintaining your furnace, you can check out Wolcott today.