WHAT MIGHT BE CAUSING MY DRAIN PROBLEMS?There are many different reasons why your drains may clog: hair, paper products, cooking grease, and mineral build-up are among the most common. Corroded, broken pipes and leaky joints can cause a whole other set of issues — as can faulty sewage ejector pumps. No matter the issues, Wolcott’s plumbing experts will find and fix it.
WHICH DRAINS CAN WE REPAIR?Pretty much all of ‘em. Well, more specifically:
- Bathroom, kitchen, and utility sinks
- Shower and tub drains
- Dishwashers and garbage disposals
- Floor drains
- Main sewer lines
WHAT WE DO THAT YOU CAN’TDon’t take this the wrong way, but we’re trained to handle these situations — and we actually like doing it. Letting us do our thing right off the bat instead of attempting repairs yourself will probably save you a whole lot of time and money in the long run. (Liquid clog removers actually contain corrosive chemicals will damage your pipes and lead to other problems.) We often use video inspections to diagnose your drain or sewer’s maladies. Depending on what’s causing your issues, we’ll use one of the following methods to repair it:
- Snaking — Also called cabling. We thread a coiled, metal wire through your pipe and rotate it to clear out debris.
- Rooter Service — Basically, snaking with the added benefit of blades that help to remove major clogs caused by everything from grease to tree roots.
- Hydrojetting — We pressure wash your drains and pipes to blast away clogs.
FOR SEWER LINESWolcott offers pipe bursting, which is a great solution for off-grade pipe, bellied (sagging) pipe, and sewer lines that have been damaged by roots. We also offer repiping services. If your water pressure has changed, your water’s changed color, or it smells weird, you may need some new pipes. Learn more here and here.
HOW TO PREVENT CLOGGED DRAINS
- Do not pour hot grease down the drain. When it cools, it solidifies and creates blockages.
- Carefully pour boiling water down your drains every once in a while to keep build-up from hardening on the insides of your pipes. Don’t do this if you have PVC pipes, and be careful not to pour the boiling water directly onto any porcelain sinks. (They can crack.)
- Use drain covers or screens to catch hair, food, etc. before they go down the drain
WE CAN HELP YOU OUT WITH REGULAR MAINTENANCE
- Drain and water heater inspections
- Annual or semi-annual flushes of water heater and drains
- Winterization of pipes
WHY CHOOSE WOLCOTT?
- Our highly trained, licensed journeyman plumbers will get to the root of your issues
- We offer a 10% discount (up to $200) for Military, First Responders, and Seniors (55 and older).
- We’ve been around since 1978