WHY DO DRAINS CLOG?There are many different reasons why your drains may clog: hair, paper products, cooking grease, and mineral build-up are among the most common. It usually takes some time for a drain to fully clog, and it’s best to call us in before it gets to that point, because otherwise, you could end up with a big mess on your hands.
HOW TO PREVENT CLOGGED DRAINS
- Do not pour hot grease down the drain. When it cools, it solidifies and creates blockages.
- Carefully pour boiling water down your drains every once in a while to keep build-up from hardening on the insides of your pipes. Don’t do this if you have PVC pipes, and be careful not to pour the boiling water directly onto any porcelain sinks. (They can crack.)
- Use drain covers or screens to catch hair, food, etc. before they go down the drain.
PUT DOWN THE DRAIN CLEANER
We repeat: Put down the Drain Cleaner. Liquid clog removers are tempting, but they contain corrosive chemicals will damage your pipes.
Wolcott professionals are just a phone call away, and we’ll clear your drain quickly and effectively without further damaging your plumbing system.
WHY CHOOSE WOLCOTT?Wolcott has been providing plumbing solutions to the Portland community since 1978 and we always put our customers first. Also,
- Our highly trained, licensed journeyman plumbers will get to the root of your issues
- We offer a 10% discount (up to $200) for Military, First Responders, and Seniors (55 and older).
- We’ve been around since 1978