As a homeowner, you know that plumbing problems are inevitable. While some issues are minor and can be fixed quickly, others can cause significant damage to your home and cost money. The best way to avoid plumbing problems is to address them proactively before they become significant issues.
If you require any plumbing services, Wolcott Services is the one you can trust. Our plumbers in Beaverton, OR, and the surrounding areas can help you with any issue. We provide reliable, affordable services to keep your home functioning properly.
Here Are The Five Most Common Plumbing Problems That Homeowners Face And How To Avoid Them:
Clogged drains are one of the common plumbing problems homeowners face. They can be caused by various things, including hair, food particles, soap scum, and even tree roots. If left unaddressed, clogged drains can cause water to back up and damage your pipes, leading to costly repairs.
To avoid clogged drains, follow these tips:
- Dispose of food waste properly by using a filter in your kitchen sink.
- Avoid pouring grease down your drain.
- Use a natural drain-cleaning solution regularly. Make sure you’re not using harsh chemicals to clear clogged drains.
Leaky faucets may seem like a minor issue, but they can cause a significant waste of water over time. In addition, they can lead to water damage and higher water bills. Worn-out washers, O-rings, or gaskets often cause leaky faucets.
To avoid leaky faucets, follow these tips:
- Replace worn-out washers, O-rings, or gaskets promptly.
- Hire a professional plumber to inspect your faucets regularly.
- Install water-efficient faucets to reduce water waste.
A running toilet is another common plumbing issue that can waste a lot of water and lead to higher water bills. Running toilets are often caused by a faulty flapper valve, which allows water to flow from the tank into the bowl even when the toilet is not being used.
To avoid running toilets, follow these tips:
- Replace the flapper valve promptly if it is faulty.
- Install a water-efficient toilet to reduce water waste.
Low Water Pressure
Low water pressure can be frustrating, especially when you’re trying to take a shower or wash dishes. It is often caused by a buildup of sediment or mineral deposits in your pipes, which can restrict water flow.
To avoid low water pressure, follow these tips:
- Install a water softener to stop mineral buildup in your pipes.
- Replace old or corroded pipes that are causing low water pressure.
Water Heater Issues
Water heater problems can be a major headache for homeowners. Issues like leaks, low water pressure, and inadequate hot water supply can be caused by various factors, including a faulty thermostat, a damaged heating element, or sediment buildup in the tank.
To avoid water heater issues, follow these tips:
- Schedule regular water heater maintenance services with a professional plumber.
- Replace your water heater if it is more than ten years old.
- Install a tankless water heater to improve energy efficiency and reduce the risk of leaks.
Contacting a professional plumber is essential if you’re experiencing any of these common plumbing problems or any other issue. If you are in Portland, OR, and the surrounding areas, Wolcott Services can provide different plumbing services, from routine maintenance to emergency repairs. Call us today to schedule your service.