WHAT EXACTLY IS A SLAB LEAK?Depending on your home’s construction, there could be a concrete slab supporting its foundation. Below that, there are pipes, and if those pipes are leaking, that’s what we call a slab leak. The water leaking from those pipes can move soil around and cause strain on the slab and the foundation above it. An undetected slab leak can cause hazardous and expensive damage.
WHAT CAUSES SLAB LEAKS?
- Pipes that have been weakened by age or corroded by chemicals (like drain cleaner)
- Vibrations that cause the rebar and pipes beneath the slab to shake
- Extreme weather that can affect the ground’s structure and pressure
SIGNS THAT YOU MAY HAVE A SLAB LEAK
Schedule regular plumbing inspections with Wolcott’s licensed plumbers to prevent and detect slab leaks before they cause serious damage. If you notice any signs of a slab leak, give Wolcott a call and we’ll come over to help you out. Signs that you may have a slab leak include:
- Cold, wet, or discolored (water-stained) spots on your basement floor or walls
- Mold growth in your basement
- Standing water near your foundation
- Wet and/or soft spots in your backyard (when it hasn’t rained)
- The sound of running water beneath the floor or behind the walls in your basement
WHY CHOOSE WOLCOTT?
- Our highly trained, licensed journeyman plumbers will get to the root of your issues
- We offer a 10% discount (up to $200) for Military, First Responders, and Seniors (55 and older).
- We’ve been around since 1978