A furnace usually cycles on and off to maintain the temperature in your home. However when your furnace is running constantly, it is a sign of some kind of concern.
Here Are Four Reasons Why Your Furnace Is Constantly Running:
- The furnace filter is dirty: As a professional water heater repair in Beaverton, a dirty furnace filter is the main reason we have found that furnaces run constantly. The air filter captures the pet hair, dust, and other dirt that could damage the furnace and keeps it from getting to the heat exchanger. A dirty filter can obstruct the flow of air across the heat exchanger, which causes it to overheat. To combat this, your furnace runs in a ‘cool down’ mode and runs the fan constantly. The solution to this issue is to replace the furnace filter.
- The fan is set to “on”: If the furnace filter is fine, then you need to check the setting of your fan on your thermostat. If the setting of the fan is set to the “on” option, the blower will run constantly, no matter what the temperature is. The solution is to change this setting to “auto” so that the blower only runs when the furnace is on.
- The temperature is set too high: If the filter of your furnace is clean and a fan is set to “auto”, the temperature of the thermostat is set too high. The solution is to turn the temperature of the thermostat down. After doing so, check if the fan cycles off. Sometimes the furnace is running constantly to keep up with the temperature if it is too cold outside.
- Your furnace is not derated: When the furnace is installed, it needs to be derated. Derating is when the HVAC installer the pressure of the gas in sync with the elevation. If this is not correctly set, the furnace ends up overheating, and it shuts off, but the fan keeps blowing continuously to cool it down. The solution is furnace repair in Gresham to derate your furnace.
- None of the above: If your filter is clean and the thermostat is set correctly, the issue is more of a serious concern, and it’s time to call a water heater repair professional in Beaverton.
Contact Furnace Repair Experts at Gresham
We have been providing the best quality furnace installation, repair, and maintenance services at an affordable price. If the solutions given above does not fix your concern pertaining to your furnace, then it is time you act quickly by getting professional help.
Want to fix furnace issues? Call Wolcott pro at (503) 420-8022 today to get in touch with us and make an appointment.