What To Expect From Your New Furnace Installation
Since your furnace will be with you for 15 to 20 years (possibly more if you take good care of her), having a new furnace installed is kind of a big deal. Fortunately, Wolcott’s expert heating & cooling techs are here to make the process as painless as possible from start to finish. Here’s what to expect when you have Wolcott install a new furnace in your Portland home:
- Size Up The Situation: Wolcott’s HVAC pros will take info like the size of your home, what kind of windows you have, and how many bedrooms there are, and they’ll let you know what size your furnace should be.
- Find A Furnace That Speaks To Your Soul: (And your needs). Once we’ve determined which size furnace will work best in your home, we’ll talk you through a variety of models that fit the bill, explaining the pros and cons of each — feel free to ask lots of questions!
- Schedule Your Service Appointment: That one’s self-explanatory.
- Bid Your Old Furnace Farewell: This is actually one of the most labor-intensive steps to installing a new furnace. Not only do we need to pull it out (carefully), but we need to dispose of it properly.
- Prep That Space: We’ll clean the area and make sure that everything’s all set before we even think about bringing in your new equipment.
- Play Matchmaker: We’ll place and secure your new furnace (hello!), then introduce it to your existing ducting, gas or other fuel line, and electrical power source, ensuring that all connections are tight and safe.
- Test Drive It: We’ll switch your furnace on and take some measurements to check its performance (intake, airflow, etc.). We’re looking for safety first, closely followed by efficiency. Once we’re sure that your furnace is good to go, we’ll clean up after ourselves and hop back into our red trucks, off to the next job.
Remember, furnace installation should only be done by a licensed HVAC professional — improper installation can have dangerous consequences. So, call your local heating & cooling experts (that’s us) if you’re thinking about replacing that old furnace — we’ll make sure it’s done right.