Commercial Drain Services in Troutdale, Corbett, Gresham, OR, and Surrounding Areas
Is Your Commercial Drain Doomed? Not a Chance.
Anyone can end up contending with clogged drains under the right (or wrong) circumstances, and businesses are no exception. In fact, in our experience, businesses are extremely susceptible to drain issues for a few reasons:
- More traffic and more usage — whether you run a restaurant that sees a steady stream of customers throughout the day or your office is employees-only, you’ve still got more people using your toilets and kitchen sink than the average home. That also means you’ve got less control over what ends up going down ‘em.
- Speaking of kitchen sinks, commercial kitchens are generally pretty stressed by the amount of activity that goes on in there on a daily basis, which means that you’re going to need regular maintenance and the occasional fix-up to keep things flowing smoothly.
- All kinds of weird stuff goes down commercial drains (often unintentionally, but still).
Here’s a list of items that can cause clogs when washed or flushed away — many of which will probably surprise you:
- Food scraps
- Coffee grounds and tea leaves
- Leaves and other yard debris
- Pet hair
- Human hair
- SOAP (Not kidding — many soaps leave a thick residue that can build up over time!)
- Toilet paper (Okay, excess toilet paper — along with other not-really-flushable paper products.)
So, how do you prevent these seemingly inevitable drain snafus? Lean on us. Wolcott’s plumbers have been in the drain cleaning biz for more than 40 years, so we’re old hands when it comes to recommending a course of maintenance to keep your commercial drains clog-free. Usually, this includes regular cleanings and inspections. If you do end up with a tough clog, we’ll use a video inspection to assess it and then determine how to tackle it. We do everything from cable drain cleaning and hydrojetting to pipe bursting and complete repipings.