Air conditioner freeze is a common issue in scorching summer months. If you suspect one of these is the cause of your issue, contact professionals for AC repair in Portland.
Some of the factors that lead your air conditioner to freeze are:
1) Clogged Filter And Ducts: A dirty filter can block the flow of warm air in your home. The next thing you know, your AC unit is frozen. Replacing your AC filters timely could prevent this from happening in the first place. Common reasons air conditioners get frozen in a home are the curtains or furniture blocking the return and supply vents and the lack of a closed supply register.
Moisture from the air is collected through the evaporator coil that transports the heat and condenses the water away from the cold refrigerant. A blocked drain line can cause the water to freeze near the evaporator coil, which blocks the functionality of your AC.
2) Debris Build-Up On The Outdoor Unit Fan : The warm air that’s being pushed to the coils by the air conditioner is trapped in the air-conditioning system’s evaporator coils. If the AC blower fan is not working properly, the system will stop.
3) Unclean Evaporator Coil : If dirt gets stuck in the evaporator coil, it can restrict the airflow in your home. It can also cause your air to freeze. Having a professional check your air ducts can help prevent this issue. Although your filter can help capture most of the dust, it’s crucial to clean the coils regularly.
4) Refrigerant Level Goes Low: The higher the pressure, the hotter the refrigerant is. When there’s a leak, less of it is available for the functioning of your AC. . It can cause the AC line to freeze.
How To Prevent The AC Freeze
Some easy and effective ways to prevent your air conditioner from freezing:
- Regular cleaning of the filter and air ducts.
- Clearing the outdoor fan area.
- Checking the refrigerant level regularly.
- Keeping the room ventilation moderate.
- Keeping the evaporator coil clean.
- Regular maintenance by HVAC professionals.
- Doing the AC repairs when necessary.
Having a frozen AC system can be frustrating, but taking the necessary steps to prevent it from happening in the first place is crucial. One step you can take is to tune up your air conditioner.
Getting the help of a professional HVAC service team from Wolcott, for AC repair in Hillsboro can help keep your system running efficiently and effectively.
Book a service now at (503)966-3782 – 24/7 emergency services are available.