By this point in the year, we’ve usually had more than a handful of chilly days (and downright icy nights), so unless you’re part polar bear, you’ve been running your heat. You’ve had some time to determine whether its performance is up to snuff. If it’s not, it may be time to replace or upgrade your system.
That being said, Portland’s winters are relatively mild and our homes don’t necessarily require bulky, expensive heating systems — unless you’re part iguana. At Wolcott, we like to see whether our clients are good candidates for ductless heat pumps. Here’s why:
- You’ll never have another spousal disagreement again — at least not a temperature-related one. Even if one of you is always cold and the other’s always hot, you can keep everyone comfortable with the zoning benefits of ductless systems.
- You’ll save money. It’s fairly inexpensive to upgrade from a forced-air furnace or another more traditional heating system to a ductless heat pump, and once it’s installed, it’s far cheaper to run.
- You’ll MAKE money! That’s right, ductless heat pumps don’t just save you money because they’re more efficient and cheaper to install; they can also earn you rebates and tax credits. Check with your utility company and visit wolcott.pro for more information about available incentives.
- You’ll be able to watch your favorite show at a normal volume, even when the heat is running. (Ductless heat pumps are pretty darn quiet.) Live large!
- You’ll no longer need to awkwardly place furniture around your heating vents because ductless systems a.) take up minimal space and b.) can be installed anywhere your heart desires.
If this all sounds hunky dory to you, give us a call or click here to schedule a consultation with our HVAC professionals. If ductless is a good fit for your home, we’ll have your new system up and running in no time.